Saturday, 3 March 2012

Milly's birthday cake....



Today is our Milly's birthday, she is seventeen, the girl is a dream of a daughter, a genuine beauty,inside and out!
Milly told me she wanted a homemade birthday cake, a coconut one with cherries on the top. Her wish is my command.
After breakfast i wasted no time in getting started, while making this special cake, i thought back to the day she was born, Milly came into this world on a friday afternoon, there was snow on the ground and a clear blue sky.
Milly was born by caesaren section, to the sound of classical music, she was breech and overdue, she came into the world weighing 8lb 12oz! She was perfect with the sweetest rosebud lips, oh i think i am going on abit now, the day was so magical.
Getting back to the cake, milly say's "its fantastic", what a gal!
I have to admit i am pretty pleased with myself!
A close up.
Now, i baked louie scones on friday, i am also having a private joke with my sister about scones, so, this picture is for her. I love her so much.
The jam is hedgegrow jam and the clotted cream is in the fridge.ha! x

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Millie. ENJOY! May you have many more. That cake looks delicious. My mouth is watering for a piece of it. Your mom is a sweetie for making it special. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to a lovely girl. I have a 17 year old too. She is my last one at home as her 5 brothers have moved out. Blessings on your day.

    ReplyDelete