Wednesday, 23 January 2013

What did i do today?

I have had one of those days where i cleaned and cleaned but nothing felt clean! Ever get one of those days??
However this morning after washing breakfast dishes and doing my hour a day ironing (i could not bare to have an ironing pile now) i started on my project.
We have renovated this home of ours on a shoe string, when building the extension i rang round builders merchants daily to get the best prices on materials and saved myself a small fortune.
When the time came to decorate the kitchen the pot was well and truly empty on funds, a builder friend offered us some kitchen tiles that he had left over from a job two years before,i was truly grateful and as plain as they were i could live with them, the original idea was to have plain tiles with the odd tile decorated with a vintage rose, i , think one  rose tile would have cost me what i paid the builder for all his tiles! Anyway i am waffling now, back to my project, sunday i went to our cath kidson shop and bought a sheet of wrapping paper in the sale for a £1, this morning i made a cardboard template of my kitchen tile and cut out motifs from my wrapping paper. Now i have just found this glue/varnish called mod podge i bought it from hobby craft, its water based.
I stuck the motifs on each tile ( i covered six tiles) and gave each motif a coat or more of mod podge to act as a varnish, this is my work in progress;
now for the cutting
You can see where i am going with this
now to get sticking and varnishing
the rose above is on my windowsill
the wrinkles dry out
job done and i love them, i did not want to do to many and lose the effect, an added bonus they are completely washable, i just love them!!
I already have my next project in mind, it was lovely to just concentrate on something interesting and forget all about your worries and woes. x
I have to confess i found out about mod podge from the blog Chipper Nelly.

1 comment:

  1. You have a very creative mind I like what you did with those flowers. I think I want to do the same in my kitchen :)


    www.vindiebaby.com
    Vintage Inspired Fashion by Independent Designers for Your Little darling

    ReplyDelete