Sunday, 14 April 2013

The garden is calling me...

This morning louie cut our lawn for the first time this year, i was busy cleaning windows thinking i wish i was cutting the grass! When i saw the grass all cut it made my heart sing, last year i just could not motivate myself in the garden which is so unlike me.
Thankfully i feel different today i cannot wait to get out there, i, did not take any photos this morning, probley because i needed to savour my moment.
This evening i read a paragraph in my new magazine, it really hit home to me...
FOCUS ON ONE JOB AT A TIME, AND DO IT WELL. TRY TO AVOID ANTICIPATING THE NEXT CHORE BEFORE YOU'VE COMPLETED THE CURRANT ONE.
 BE MINDFUL AND PRESENT IN EACH ACTIVITY. CONCENTRATE YOUR ENERGIES FULLY ON THE TASK IN HAND.
 IF YOU OBSERVE YOUR ATTENTION BEGINNING TO WANDER, GENTLY BRING IT BACK BY FOLLOWING THE RHYTHEM OF YOUR BREATHE. BE KIND TO YOURSELF.
RECOGNISE THAT AMIDST ALL THIS FLURRY OF HORTICULTURAL DEMAND IT'S ALRIGHT TO TAKE YOUR TIME. YOU CAN'T BE ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE, OR ANYTIME ELSE BUT NOW. IN TRUTH THERE'S ONLY THE PRESENT MOMENT, FOR THE PAST ONLY EXISTS IN THE ECHOES OF MEMORY, AND THE FUTURE IS YET TO BE.
How true.
I have no photo's of the garden this morning but i want to share old photo's with you...
rosy red apples off our tree,
fun times,
our swing on the apple tree.
my favourite spot.
I can't wait to start planting! Happy gardening x

2 comments:

  1. GREAT advice from your magazine. Lovely garden pictures from years past. Soon you'll have new ones to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your garden, especially the bit down the end! It's just the right size I think. As for being in the moment, everywhere i turn lately I am seeing this message. i think I'm finding it hard to do that! can't wait for the apples I only had one last year!? Heather x

    ReplyDelete