Monday, 24 June 2013

English cottage gardens...

I have not been blogging lately, but, i have still been reading my favourite bloggers posts.
Yesterday was such a lovely day with my mum and sister, i thought this would be a good time to write a post. My mum had this wonderful idea that she would like to see what gardens are open to the public and spend her sunday's looking at other people gardens, its also a very good way to raise money for charities by paying a small entrance fee.
yesterday we went to see gardens in a village not a million miles from home, i think we looked at six gardens, two of them did not interest me but the others were beautiful...
This lady had a secret garden when you walked through the arbour,
this garden below was beautiful and they have clay soil, just like us!
This garden was in the old rectory, it was amazing...
they had planted a garden on top of the kitchen roof!
we loved this old style fencing,
it had its own wildlife pond with a small jetty, i just loved it!
The old rectory was next to the church, we just had to have a look inside.
The church inside is so beautiful, it dates back to the 1100, its small and in great need of some t.l.c but it felt so spiritual inside.
Walking through the door i just thought of all the people over the hundreds of years before me,
i just had such a lovely feeling inside Gods house,
i am going to go to this sunday's service, it was the most beautiful quaint church i have ever been in.
The fields reminded me of when i went to America,
we stopped to have a cup of tea and a slice of homemade cake,
the day was just perfect.
Lastly there was some old barns next to the church that my sister and i loved, it reminded us of "bridges of madison county"
we wondered what stories they could tell
to make this lovely village even more special, my nan lived here in the coldest winter of 1963, my dad and my mum lived with nan, my mum told me this was the village i was concieved! How funny but lovely. x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely church and pretty gardens. I think gardens can be very spiritual places as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking me with you on the tour!! I just loved seeing all the photos!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day out! Thanks for showing us! How are you doing my friend? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blog! Thanks for following me over a Thriftwood, you're very welcome ... I'd love to follow you too xxx

    ReplyDelete