Friday, 6 December 2013

It's been awhile....

I have been thinking about my blog for awhile, i read everyday my favourite blogs but i could not seem to find words for my own blog. I know this happens from time to time for most of us in blogging land. Since my last post i have turned 50, that was ok and i kept life really simple.
I am still having foreign students, infact we will have a swiss girl over the christmas holiday's, its given me a small income which in turn has given me independence. 
Recently i had a lovely day in London with my sister,we caught the train to Kings Cross station, just as we arrived a gale force wind nearly took my sister off her feet!! Then came a heavy downpour and soaked us, which left us feeling cold and damp. We jumped in a london cab ( this all sounds very romantic :)) and headed off to borough market, we found this lovely restaurant where we had a hot chocolate to warm us while we decided what to eat, we sat by an upstairs window over looking the market and the Shard, it was perfect.
We arrive at Kings Cross,
the funny thing is i do not remember taking this picture of my sister in mid storm!
This was my view out of the cab window ha!
The hot chocolate warms our shivering selves,
I am getting alittle better having photo's taken of me, i am looking out to the market,
The Shard, the tallest building in europe, our mum went to the very top this year!
I want to write so much, but louie has just walked in for his dinner and i need to get moving. Very briefly i am crocheting bunting and i have picked up my paint brush at LAST! X


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog today and leaving such a lovely comment. I've enjoyed reading some of your more recent blog posts and I'm looking forward to returning soon.
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY! Looks like a fun way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!! It's good hearing from you!! Sounds like a great outing other than the weather! Wow, that is a very tall building! There's NO WAY I could go up to the top of it as I'm TERRIFIED of heights. Lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you could go to the top! I'll remember that! X

    ReplyDelete