Saturday, 15 February 2014

Valentine Day...

louie and i last summer
I wanted to make a  small effort to show louie how much i love him, we tell each other everyday but sometimes just a small act of kindness out of the usual can be so uplifting. I decided to bake him a chocolate fudge cake, i had some duck eggs and i do believe they are the best eggs for cake baking.
I bought this recipe book from a charity shop for 99 pence, i carefully weigh out my ingredients,
i so enjoyed this time in the kitchen, i was listening to my christian radio station listening to a friendly debate on a womans role in the marriage.
 With two students staying with us at the moment, i hoped everyone would enjoy a slice or two :)
Valentine morning, louie made me a cup of tea in bed and told me to close my eyes...open he says, and there he stood holding this beautiful picture, i had seen it a month ago while we were out shopping. Louie had offered to buy it for me but we had the tax bill to pay and louie needed a new works van, i just could not justify spending much needed money on pretty pictures, but,this lovely man remembered it and went back and bought it for me i was so touched. Hope you all had a lovely day :)

4 comments:

  1. The cake looks delicious. And the picture is lovely, indeed. How thoughtful of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, both of you. It's so important to take the time to show our love isn't it. What a beautiful picture with all those lovely roses! Silly I know, but I seem to have a mental block when it comes to using duck eggs, but they do say that they're the best for baking. Clearly they are...your cake looks delicious! Much love Catherine x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that cake does look delicious!! The painting is gorgeous!! Sounds like a lovely Valentines Day all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet and thoughtful of both of you. Late Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete