Thursday, 28 May 2015

I am changing...

Over the years when the children lived at home, I tried various different jobs to try and earn a small income in some way.
I knew since a young age that my heart belonged to my family and keeping home, I was always painting & decorating or trying to give something old and unloved a new lease of life and a purpose.
I have always liked a nice home, good down to earth food, home baked when my time allowed.
It was in my thirties that anxiety reared its ugly head and has controlled a number of my years, looking back I was trying to be wonder woman. When ever asked what did I do for a living I was very uncomfortable saying I was a mother, housewife for fear of people thinking I was lazy or that we had lots of money and I did not need to work.
These last few months I have felt a stirring in me, my daily routine is changing, my beliefs are becoming more meaningful.
The way I food shop has taken a massive turn around, for years I would only use certain shops as they were familiar! Not now, I give myself a budget, I shop around, plan my weekly menu' s. This might sound very boring and nothing you have not read before but I am loving it :) The thrill when I come across a bargain, feeling a sense of achievement when my baking comes together, nurturing my vegetables in the raised bed's. There is nothing to be uncomfortable about owning up to being a housewife, its hard work, rewarding and challenging.
My anxiety levels have really reduced and most days are now care free but life is a lot slower and and I have a much better routine in my daily life.
I know I will always have to manage my anxiety, I am learning.
I roasted  some sweet tomatoes, courgettes, red onion and garlic, I added vegetable stock, gave it a blitz in the blender, then strained it. It made a lovey soup,
Oat crunchies
My kitchen window, I erected this fencing we had laying in the garage, I needed a support for the rose bush.


My bargain buys today, all for under £10, I use to always use the same brands but not now ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you shopping for bargains. It is fun for sure. Nothing wrong with shaking things up a bit. Being a housewife, is hard work. It is a noble profession, indeed.That outside view of your kitchen window makes a beautiful photograph. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think homemaking is a lot of work but with many rewards.

    I have always had to bargain shop. My goal is to be able to buy the name brands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered www.mysupermarket.co.uk recently, what an eye opener! I too was doing the same familiar shop, in the most expensive place! Now I pop around the others for various things. I'm also keeping a note of things and trying to stick to a lower budget. So much money goes on food! Nice to grow your own, I do like to eat organic if I can. X

    ReplyDelete