Friday, 15 May 2015

Labyrinthitis

Tuesday evening I started to feel a little unwell, I had a headache then felt slightly nausea and within minutes the room was spinning. This went on all through the night, by morning I was totally exhausted and a little anxious. I spoke with an out of hours doctor on the phone who asked a range of questions which I was told to answer in yes or no answer, eventually he told me I was suffering with LABYRINTHITIS, a form of motion sickness. Doctor prescribed an anti sickness tablet, he told me that not much is known about this condition a part from the fact it affects the inner ear canal.
Today I still feel dizzy but its getting a little better, I am missing my daily routine and I am not great at doing nothing.
I would welcome any advice if anyone has suffered with this condition, this morning I have managed to change the bed and am going to shower and try and potter about, maybe try and walk to look at my raised beds.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you find a way to control it. My husband and I suffer from vertigo which also causes dizziness. There are maneuvers that therapists use to help with that? I do not know if they would be helpful to you or not? You should ask your doctor what else can be done. Saying prayers for you. Hoping there is improvement soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this once on holiday. I was rushing around a lot, it was like I had lost my center. Very strange, it wore off and never came back again like that. I guess you will have to find your new center again and just be peaceful until you do. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm recovering from Viral Labrinthitis. I had it for 7 months. I can help! I remember feeling very alone during these dark days. Please feel free to ask any and as many questions as you like. You may also contact me at 909-900-3983 I live in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete