Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Slowly slowly...

Today has been my first day of baking since Friday, I am still waking with a slight headache. The nausea and dizziness did not come on me until this afternoon, I am getting more of my day back with each passing day.
This morning I baked a peach tart, I used tinned peaches, I had some pastry I had made a while ago in the freezer (I used an Amish recipe for the pastry), I defrosted the pastry in the fridge over night.


There is a shop nearby that has a delivery of fresh baked bread twice a week, once the bread goes stale it makes lovely bread crumbs!
I have been reading a blog called "Down to Earth", I used one of her recipes for sweet potato and tinned salmon fish cakes, I changed it slightly to improvise with what I had.
I steamed the sweet potatoes and once cooked I mashed them, then I drained and added a large tin of red salmon, one finely chopped onion, one medium sweet red pepper and salt & pepper.
I did not have any breadcrumbs and my crusty bread was too fresh, so I had a few slices of toasting bread, I put the oven on the lowest setting, put three slices in a baking tray and left them to dry in the oven for forty minutes turning them over half way through.


After a good blitz in the processor I had lovely dried breadcrumbs, I had added parsley before I blitzed.
 
I gently fried the fish cakes in vegetable oil, for some reason I cannot upload any more pictures on this post but louie assures me they tasted lovely :)

 
 


 

 


 

2 comments:

  1. Your peach tart looks divine. The sweet potato and tinned salmon fish cakes sound interesting. Hope the headache, nausea and dizziness do not dominate your days. Hoping you get some relief from them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peach tart looks lovely, I'm sure the fishcakes were too! Sometimes when I feel dizzy I turn of the wifi? and don't sleep with it on. All the best, Heather X

    ReplyDelete