Sunday, 23 August 2015

My Homemade cleaning products...

This week I needed to make my cleaning products, first I made our Milly a fresh batch of facial wipes. I use chemical free nappy liners for the wipes ( I buy these from a herbal shop), I mix 2 cups of distilled water, I use boiled water cooled, add 1 tbls of sweet almond oil, 1 tbls of witch hazel, 1tsp of Dr Bonners liquid soap I used lavender then I add 5 drops of organic lemon essential oil and 2 drops of lime. Roll up 12 liners and put them in a bag add the liquid, zip the bag and gently swish the liquid evenly over the wipes. These will last for a week, because there is no chemicals you have to make fresh every seven days. Milly says they are the best she has ever used :)

Next I made my laundry detergent,
1 grated bar of Dr Bonners Almond oil soap
2 Cups of washing soda crystals
2 Cups of Borax
1 Cup of Bicarbonate Soda
2x 10 drops of essential oil, I used 10 drops of organic lemon, 10 drops of peppermint .
Mix all this together and then spoon into jars, I prefer the washing powder to the homemade laundry liquid.
Put two heaped tablespoons into your washing machine draw dispenser.

Sometimes if there are heavy stains I will soak the garment first in a solution that I make up, I have also learnt to make homemade toilet tablets which keep the toilet clean and fresh, I will post about this next time.
Also in the kitchen I keep a small saucer of bicarbonate of  soda, each day I add a couple of drops of essential oils, bi-carb absorbs odours leaving the room smelling fresh.
I feel using essential oils in the home everyday has had a nice effect on everyone's mood, its very uplifting and positive. I am also drinking BRAGGS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR three times a day mixed with water, if you get a chance please google this product its truly AMAZING! Well my eyes are feeling heavy so I guess its time for my bed, best wishes x

5 comments:

  1. I haven't had a go at my own laundry powder, and love the idea of the bicarb with the essential oils. Thanks for your kind words on my blog and I'll keep an eye on yours - lovely to meet like minded people, warm regards, Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. I wish I didn't work so I could have more time to experiment with homemade cleanings. Sounds neat! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Sonya, I wish I had more time to do things like this. Working full time just doesn't leave much time to do anything other than what has to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure about trying the laundry detergent since I have sensitive skin, but I definitely want to try the wipes. I have a one year old and if this works, I will definitely be saving some money. Those things are expensive. I will be coming back to see if you have added any other ideas.

    Delbert Powers @ Minuteman International

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of Dr. Bonner's soap nor have I attempted to make my own laundry soap but you make it sound so easy. I always look for natural cleaners; I use vinegar solution and bicarbonate soda to safely clean my pets habitats. Thanks for sharing your recipe, I may try it if I feel adventurous one day.

    Larry Brannon @ Leonard Brush And Chemical

    ReplyDelete