Saturday, 8 August 2015

Our Gardens bounty...

I was so pleased the weekend was here, life slows down a little in our home. I knew I had a few jobs I wanted to do the main one was to pull our carrots up and blanch them and freeze. First things first I made my laundry gel this will probably last about two weeks, now that I have been using my homemade gel for a good few weeks  our clothes and our laundry cupboard smell so clean and fresh, everything is so so soft, I urge anyone to change over.
Once I had some order in the kitchen I went out in the garden and pulled up our carrots, the smell of the rich soil that clung onto them made my heart sing :)
Friday early evening I was washing some dishes when I looked out the kitchen window and saw a small yellow dot, I grabbed my camera and headed for the land at the bottom of our garden, look what it was!

My sunflowers I had grown from seed then planted out earlier in spring were now in bloom, how magical nature is.
I noticed how laden our apple trees are, I just stood still amazed, there will be many apple recipes on our household menu this autumn!!!
Lastly look at our beautiful lilies I walk past them on the way to my washing line and the scent is lovely.

I have a request to ask my fellow readers, our eldest daughters (Zoe) father in law had a stroke three weeks ago, he is a dear irish man, his name is Michael our grandchildren call him "granddad mick", he is slowly recovering but still very weak. I know how powerful the power of prayer can be, so I ask please can you pray for him, that the good Lord will bless him with strength and courage, as a family we would be so grateful. God Bless x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful produce and flowers.

    Prayers for Micheal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your carrots look wonderful! What do you use them for after they've been frozen? Soups, casseroles? Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm, love all your photos. I am following you thru Google Friends Connect.
    Here from the Enchanting Rose

    ReplyDelete