Saturday, 10 October 2015

Pumpkins!

Last sunday evening I went to bed knowing that everyday this past week I had an extra job to do besides my daily work. Monday morning started with me getting up early, after breakfast dishes washed away I headed down the garden to our land where the fruit trees are, still in my nightie and armed with a garden rake I climbed the step ladder and stripped the rest of our eating apples off the tree and spent the morning juicing and canning apple juice.
This set the pattern to how the rest of the week went, I felt like I was chasing my tail, this is not good for me as I start to get overwhelmed, then my breathing gets out of  rhythm and then it just feels like my motor is running to fast, does this make sense?
I did have the pleasure of having our grandson Lou lou man for the night, I made him some sausage meat pasties with a cheese pastry, I took a couple with me to give to him when I collected him from school :)
While he munched on them in the car I drove to the farm in our village where the farmer is selling Pumpkins at the gate, we planned to make Pumpkin Pie. The bags lined up in the background of the photo below are well rotted manure that I will be buying another day.
I love the honesty box on the gate!


I made Lou lou man his favourite dinner, homemade meatballs and homemade tomato sauce with pasta, I got the thumbs up.
Lou lou man helped me cut and clean our pumpkin, we roasted it in the oven and when cooled we pureed it, I covered it and put it in the fridge over night, the next morning we made our pie.


I made Lou lou man some homemade blackberry syrup to take home with his pumpkin pies.
My pumpkin pie I made for big Louie,
Autumn is certainly here, our village looks lovely with the trees turning colour, Monday morning our chimney sweep is coming to sweep the chimney, I will order our coal for the winter and Louie will start to chop wood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment