Friday, 27 November 2015

My daughter gives me a wake up call...

I have always loved Christmas time, when the children were young I would surprise them and decorate the house while they were at school, when they came home and walk through the front door they were full of oohs and ahs, I loved their faces :)
Slowly one by one they left the nest, and I lost a small part of me in the process, then we have had heartache in the family, two members of Louie's family taking their own lives, health issue's the last four years have not always been easy but we all have a story.
I guess over the last few years I kind of lost a little bit of that Christmas magic.
Last week I went shopping with our youngest daughter Milly, who still lives at home with us, we were looking at Christmas decorations when our Milly told me how sad she felt about how Christmas had
changed in our home since she was a small girl, she also told me about this Robin decoration we had on our tree every year that had real feather's, where did it go? 
This gave me so much to think about, I needed to wake up and smell the roses!!
First things first is to replace the Robin,
 I found this little fellow.
I bought these stocking fillers for our Eva & Lou lou man, I love them, they are little iron skillets in two different shapes with a cookie mix.
I have picked more of our Bramley apples and canned them, I am getting more confident each time I do this.
Tomorrow there will be more planning for the preparation of Christmas, baking to be done leaves to be raked and cleared away in the garden, home is really cosy tonight.
Wishing those who call by a lovely weekend full of peace and contentment. God Bless x

1 comment:

  1. I understand.

    Holidays are not good for me.

    ReplyDelete