Saturday, 5 December 2015

A quick chat...

Isn't Christmas time busy!! I really have tried to pull all tricks out of the hat to simplify this busy time, I have shopped online bought gifts that I think are meaningful and also what are needed, my ear's are on radar alert listening to the family in conversation trying to get idea's.
I have started to put little ornaments of Christmas here and there, this coming week I will make a special effort to try and complete the d├ęcor. This year there is a part of me that wants a real tree but then I get sad when Christmas is over and I watch Louie take the poor tree to the recycling tip.
I keep doing baking thinking that I will freeze my pie's but they seem to keep getting eaten :)
Last week my car died on me, the mechanic advised me not to spend money on it, so for nearly two week's my shopping habits changed, my two big girls helped me so much driving me to the shops but I did have to learn to live off what I had stored in the cupboard and freezer.
I have given my pantry a good clear out and bought a second hand shelving unit to put all my pots and pans on, order makes life so much easier. I am still canning our cooking apples and have run out of canning jars, I am slowly building up a largish collection.
Moving on swiftly to today, my middle daughter Jade found me a little car for sale in her village, it was her friends mum, so we arranged to go and look at it this lunch time. As soon as I saw it we knew it was a little gem of a car, a little smaller than I am use to but still seat's five and a good size boot, we bought it there and then, I am thrilled with it.
Tonight food stocks in our humble abode are running low so I have roasted tomato's, red sweet peppers, courgettes, red onions, celery and garlic in olive oil on a nice and slow oven. Once cooked I added my stock and whizzed it up in my blender then put it through my sieve. I also grated some parmesan cheese and made little biscuits to have with our soup.
I made apple and blackberry pie, I have some frozen berries in the freezer that I picked in October.
I am now in front of the woodburner listening to the wind outside we have a weather warning tonight for strong winds.
Before I go I just want to mention this lovely book I ordered, it arrived on Tuesday, its called " Little House Living" by Merissa A. Alink its beautifully written, please google it on Amazon.
Wishing you all a cosy evening x

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are safe and warm preparing happily for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete