Tuesday, 26 January 2016

My cast iron skillet...

I finally found a very good company in England that makes cast iron skillets.
I ordered a 10" pan, it cost £31.00 including postage and packaging.
It arrived at breakfast time this morning, I was just making the beds when I saw the delivery man coming into the garden, I skipped down the stairs :))))
Here it is,



I have wanted a skillet for so long, I am now going to start my collection as I can afford it. I already have a small 6" skillet which my daughter Jade bought me for mothers day.
Tomorrow I am going to throw out my non stick pans, I have been reading up on the dangers of these pans and I want rid of them.
Now where to put them in the kitchen. I would like to hang them but where is the question, our kitchen  has limited wall space.
Now I am going to read up on using cast iron. Love and best wishes x

5 comments:

  1. Be sure to "season" it by applying oil or shortening. After each use hand wash, dry on stove and season it again to prepare for the next use. It may stick a few times but as it ages, it will not stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail, I will do exactly as you say. I think I will use organic coconut oil to season it. x

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't be without mine, that is how I got my set together one pan at a time. A good price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any tips are most welcome. Yes I thought the price was good. Thank you x

      Delete
  3. Cast iron skillets are wonderful. You will love yours. One thing to remember is never use soap or dish detergent to wash it-----this removes the seasoning. Just swish it out with water and be sure to dry it completely otherwise it will rust.

    With time and use it will develop a velvety soft feel-----hard to believe that it's made of cast iron----except of course for the weight.

    ReplyDelete