Tuesday, 16 February 2016

A cold, labrinthitis, sinusitis, face migraine and Bronchitis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My title says it all!
Last Monday I came down with a cold and then its been one thing after another.
Valentines day morning was spent waiting for two hours in an out of hours doctors centre.
I think I dare say I am turning a corner, my eyes have finally stopped streaming and the swelling is going down
I have tonight researched a homemade cough medicine using lemon juice, honey and whiskey. This medicine I shall use in the evening, in the day I shall use just honey and lemon.
I have started using steam baths to clear my nose and chest, I am finding tea tree oil to be the most effective. There are antibiotics three times a day, co-codamol four times a day plus I take three teaspoonful's of Elderberry syrup a day.
I think I now feel strong enough to go for a short walk tomorrow, I need some fresh air in my lungs, I will wrap up and keep warm.
There has been no baking for days, lots of egg dishes for tea as Louie has been the cook :)
I have no photos to share but I will take my camera tomorrow, even if I just walk to the brook and back.
Wishing you all a healthy cosy evening, keep warm :) x

11 comments:

  1. My goodness, you surely have been though the mill with all these afflictions. It's good though that you are feeling stronger and hopefully day by day that strength will grow and soon you will be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll soon be back to normal. It's such a drag to be sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have been awfully sick. Hope you're feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so amazingly strong. I wish I had the strength you have. My husband and I have recently moved to a new city with our 2 kids and things have been very tough to get used to here. The children have had a tough time settling in at school but I am hopeful and praying for us. Thanks.

    Cynthia Bowers @ Bay Area TMJ & Sleep Center

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Cynthia Thank you for your lovely comment :)

      Delete
  5. Bronchitis is a serious illness and I hope you shake it off quickly. Plenty of rest and nutritious foods, along with any medications provided by your doctor, will help you heal more quickly. Allow yourself to take it easy even though there are always so many things that need to be done. They will get done in due time.

    ReplyDelete