Friday, 5 February 2016

Its nearly the weekend :)

Days are busy for me at the moment. Having a language student renting our room keeps me on my toes. Louie and I decide to live on one wage...his. It suits us, how we want our home run and live our lives.
Renting a room is a little way for me to make a little extra income. We are both good at saving. This time of year is a little early for the students to be renting rooms with the school I use. I try to build up a good reputation with this school and I believe if I do my job well by keeping a clean comfortable home, home baked food and a friendly manner the school will keep coming back to me.
My morning started with cleaning the kitchen and then to tackle the ironing pile, I love ironing! ;)

I iron his work shirts with gratitude.
Louie has asked me all week to make him a cottage pie, so todays the day.


I also make another batch of scones as there is no time to bake cake today. I have started to wash and clean jam jars when we have eaten all the jam. I use them for all sorts of different things, today I use one to beat my egg and milk for the scones.


Look who came to see his Nanny and Ga last night, our grandson Oscar :)

He is adorable, if I am honest Louie and I fight for his affections :)) Louie always wins!!
Last night I made Milly homemade Guacamole using the Nutibullet, she says its the best she has ever tasted. I love avocado, but I was looking at the giant pip inside and wondered if it was possible that I could root this, then maybe grow it in my greenhouse, am I fooling myself?

I am starting to get itchy feet to work out in the garden but it is still far to wet maybe I will plant some spring bulbs.
Wishing you all a lovely evening x

6 comments:

  1. Those scones look delicious, my mouth is watering. What a cuties little Oscar is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes our little Oscar is such a lovely boy, we are all mad for him :))) Thank you for your kind comments. x

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, you can root that avocado. You just stick toothpicks, about, around the middle of the pit and then place the pit on top of a glass or jar of water with the bottom of the pit down in the water. Roots will form and can then be planted.

    My sister used to live in Louisiana----way down south-----and she rooted an avocado pit, planted it outside near the house where it was somewhat protected from wind and cold and it grew into a tree. It was amazing to me since I have lived in the northern part of the states for the last 40 some odd years. No growing avocados outside up here.

    It might just make it through your winter in your greenhouse if it doesn't get too cold for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vic, yes I read about it last night and my information told me the same. I am going to give it a go :) I doubt it will give me fruit.x

      Delete
  3. Your baking always looks delicious!!! Sweet Oscar!!! He's precious!!! Good luck with the avocado pip!!

    ReplyDelete