Sunday, 20 March 2016

Fire in the Garden...

I have had such a lovely day :)
Our student returned to Italy yesterday so I now have a little more free time. The sun slowly came out and beckoned me to work in the garden. Louie has been using my greenhouse to store wood for our wood burner and I need it back to start sowing my seeds. True to his word Louie had a big clean up while I cut the grass for the first time this year, using my little hand trowel I turned over the soil in my raised beds, there was plenty of worms I was so thrilled as this means good healthy soil :))
I got lost in my gardening world when Louie told me he was going to burn the wood in a bonfire, he loves a bonfire!!
I also planted some Viola's in my flower box.

 
 
My lovely raised beds, I am going to plant my potatoes this week!
 
 
 
I take a look at what Louie's up to!
 
 
Then it starts to get bigger, I have to tell him to keep it small because like I say he loves a bonfire.
 
 
He starts on the greenhouse
 
 
Oh I love him :)
With all the wood burnt he finally starts to dampen down the fire.
 
 
Now look at my greenhouse, hopefully this week I can give it a good clean and get started.
 
 
We are making a few changes on our land this year, next job is to take the old shed down which I guess means another bonfire!
I have been watching the birds collect there twigs to make their nests.
Spring is here :) x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. There's just nothing like spring, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a good feeling to get back out into the garden and make a start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies, I appreciate your comments and the fact you give my little blog your precious time x

    ReplyDelete