Tuesday, 5 April 2016

Lovina's Pear Cake...

This morning I set about making a Pear Cake from Lovina Eicher book, like the recipe for her pastry this cake is a 10/10!!


I did not have Pecan nuts so I used walnuts instead, then afterwards I was not sure if Louie liked walnuts.
While my cake was baking in the oven I washed my kitchen floor on my hands and knees :)
This is my cake before I decorate it, I am quietly pleased.


Once my cake has cooled I glaze it. 


Louie loved this cake, when he came home from work he had a small slice with a cup of tea, after dinner this evening I slightly warmed a slice and served it with vanilla ice cream as Lovina suggests in her book.

Yesterday my daughter and I took two of my grandchildren to a farm.


 
Eva loved the piglets :)


Eva is standing on a platform next to a statue of a horse, then they bought a real shire horse in the stable which took her by surprise hence the expression on her face! :)))


We had some lunch in the little café, this is our Oscar's favourite time,


Eva strokes the big shire, just look at her beautiful red hair!


Life is kind, God Bless x

2 comments:

  1. I love horses. Looks like a beautiful outing. The cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake does look delicious. Those beautiful red locks are a delight with all those waves. Great family day out creating some lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete