Wednesday, 29 June 2016

The finished stairs!!!

Finally today I finished the staircase!
I had promised to make my son-in-law a home made bread & butter pudding so this was my kitchen at 10.30 am this morning...


With much to do I mixed up my wallpaper paste and started to paste my strips of wallpaper, I did two at a time, our table cloth is washable but I still covered it in layers of cling film.


Just as I get started it starts to rain so I had to rush out in the garden and get the washing in off the line, our dog Wizard was whining for a walk. I felt a little bit frantic and then I thought I must not rush this just calm yourself.
So I start...


By now I am starting to enjoy myself and my confidence grows with each step :)


A close up...

 
I will let the paper dry for 24 hours and then give it a couple of coats of a water based clear varnish to protect it.
The pudding turned out good to!!!

Best Wishes x

5 comments:

  1. How you managed to get all that done I do not know. GOOD for you. That pudding looks scrumptious. And the stairs are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stairs look amazing, a great job thanks for letting me know about the varnish. My husband is quite partial to a bread/butter pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stairs are just beautiful! and that bread and butter pudding looks delicious. Is it hard to make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Henny its easy! Stale bread is the best. look online for a recipe that you like. x

      Delete